Sunday, July 20, 2008

True Confessions












How many WIPs do you have? Really now, dig down in all of your hidden totes, stashes, behind your couch, in your deep freeze (yes, deep freeze) etc., drag them out, and count them.   I did this, and even TOOK PHOTOS. Here is what I will admit to, from the newest to the oldest projects. 
First, though, a couple of projects who were frogged for recycling.  I  don't think that that makes them actually COUNT as WIPs.  Or of course, UFOs.  To clear up another issue before delving any deeper here, this only takes into account those projects which currently live in my living room.  The yarn sanctuary doesn't count, it is like Switzerland for projects or yarn.  Nor does souvenir yarn count.  For instance, the yarn I 
bought in a frenzy power shop when I was in Providence for Carson's graduation while my husband was waiting in the car while I ran in for  "hand cream".  That is souvenir yarn.   Also the yarn (ahhhhhhh cashmere!)I bought in Italy.  Souvenir yarn again.  It is also could be considered in the category of "decorations" for the living room.  If it never gets knitted, that is OK.  

The orangish pink yarn is Firebird STR, from last year's Sock club. It was actually 
knitted into socks, I didn't like them, and I frogged them. The green yarn is from this year's Sock club's March shipment. I had trouble with it turning 
into the "Lucky" pattern so it also was frogged. The are queued up now for socks, in the on-deck basket.
This scarf was started Summer 07 in two colors of Jitterbug.  It will take forever t finish.




Next comes this sock, cast on July 19, soon to be "Spring Forward" socks to be gifted to a friend in Show Low. This pattern was on Knitty.com,
 designed by a fellow Camp Crow's Feet sock camper, Linda Welch. I will show more photos of them as they progress. They will be a fast knit.  Uh, er, it is now in the time out corner.  It is Wildfoote yarn by Brown Sheep.  I am spoiled and hooked on Sock That Rock.  This just doesn't measure up.

This is a nursing shawl that I just finished for Aimee. It is a 50-50 wool-cotton blend. Not too wide, not too narrow. Even though each row was charted, it was an easy-ish knit.












Amazing how these all look better here than in my bag at the foot of my chair. 
These socks are in Cascade Fixation and for my mom. They are Cat Bordhi's Sky sockitecture, and they are almost done!!!Wooo-hooo!!!















Ahhh, and behold the Monkey KawKaw sock in progress.
This colorway was designed by Tina of Blue Moon fame especially for Club Crow's Feet last April. We all received a skein at camp. One clever fellow camper thought tha
t it would look good in the Monkey sock pattern (by CookieA) that you can fi
nd here. Hence, they have become "the Monkey KawKaw" socks. They are now done!   Woo Hoo!









Now we are jumping back to summer of 07. This scarf is actually a completed object in my basket o' unfinished objects AKA, the "time 
out" area. It is ready for gifting. None of its neighbors are ready though...











This scarf is lime green and eggplant alpaca from 
Alpaca With a Twist.  It is a modular design, you never cut the yarn.  Only problem now is that it was so long ago that I was knitting on it, I will probably have a hard time figuring out how to start up again.













This is an alpaca shawl that I started summer of 07.  It is from Blue Sky Alpacas.  All it needs to be finished is a picot edging that is picked up and knitted all around.  I don't know why I haven't actually finished it.  I'm just not that into it.  It was abandoned. :(  Poor little alpaca shawl (sniff, sniff).






Another view of the Colinette Jitterbug scarf.  Oh,  it is soo short.  Why doesn't the knitting fairy finish it at night for me???????
















This is a front of a modular sweater that I started so long ago.  I'm not even sure HOW long ago.  Maybe 3 years?  I actually have the fronts and back done, had it all together and knitted some sleeves, but they just didn't work.  So I ripped it apart.  I have some pewter buttons I found for it somewhere in my travels.  I know that one morning I will just wakeup and pick it up and finished within a couple of days.  There are just so many other yarns calling my name, though.

This unfortunately isn't the end of the list.  However, this is about all that this computer program will allow me to post though.  Yes, there are still a couple that are older than this (grin).  I will put them in another post.  


No comments: